Area Sales Manager
About the job
At the world market leader in energy technology, you will contribute to keeping the energy supply stable in the future. With our intelligent digital and analogue solutions, you will help shape the implementation of the energy transition. In a global team of 3,600 committed colleagues, which is characterised by the unique cohesion of our family-run group of companies. Reinhausen – where Power meets Passion.
What challenges can you expect?
- Conduct regular customer visits in order to
- Build strong customer relationships
- Identify and develop market opportunities.
- Improve MR product inclusion in customer specifications
- Consistently maintain custom relationship manager (CRM) including
- Create customer visit reports
- Create and maintain customer folder information
- Create and update customer opportunities and contact information
- Secure offer preparation (commercial and technical accuracy) and pursue offers, negotiating pricing as needed.
- Process failures in coordination with responsible complaint owner: troubleshooting by phone or on-site
- Promptly forward information regarding competitor products, market activities and prices to the marketing department.
- Organize and support customer visits at MR or RM locations when necessary.
- Advise and manage independent sales representative firms in the designated region when applicable.
- Attend and participate in exhibitions and expert conferences as required.
- Conduct training for colleagues (when applicable), customers and agents (when applicable).
What do we expect from you?
Preferred Education: Degree in Electrical Engineering or extensive hands on experience in the electrical power industry. Preferred Experience: Minimum 5 years of industry outside sales experience, 10 years preferred, in substation apparatus and systems (transformer, breaker, relays, monitoring systems), or substation maintenance services. Preferred knowledge of transformer design, substation design or On Load Tap Changer (OLTC) knowledge. Required Skills: Business-fluent English; oral and written.
- Group presentation skills.
- 50% domestic travel expected and passport required.
- Additional language skills desirable.
- Sales-oriented, entrepreneurial attitude
- Personal responsibility and management skills.
- Prior experience working with independent manufacturer’s representative firms is preferred.
- Confident comportment at customer.
This is what we offer. And much more.
Click through our benefits and learn more about your benefits with us!