Assistant Director of Sales for Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets
Virginia Transformer Corp
About the job
Virginia – Georgia Transformer Corporation, a leading distribution and power transformer manufacturer, has an immediate opening for a seasoned Assistant Director of Sales for Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets, who has a proven track-record of sales growth.
This position is responsible for leading a commercial organization that comprises of outside & inside sales engineers, applications/quotations engineers and project managers. The ADS sets and executes sales strategies and oversees all aspects of sales activities to generate new business, ensure the growth of existing accounts and strengthen the customer relationship for the assigned market. The ADS is accountable for achieving all sales goals for the assigned markets, including generation of new inquiries, securing new orders and maintaining sales margins in accordance with the overall policies and objectives of the Company.
- Define and implement sales growth strategy for the Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets
- Lead the commercial team dedicated to Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets to increase sales, profitability, hit rate, and market share and customer satisfaction, meeting all company’s goals and objectives
- Identify and establish business relationship with new customers, EPCs and OEM partners
- Develop and strengthen all key accounts
- Utilizing all available channel partners and other resources, develop and maintain a robust inquiry pipeline that provides a foundation for future quote and booking activity. Track and analyze pipeline regularly and adjust methods to maximize inquiry to quote conversion
- Manage a team of sales and application engineers to prepare and deliver timely, high-quality, accurate, effective quotation to all customers
- Achieve order booking goal by continuously monitoring outstanding quotes and taking necessary actions (visits, pricing, etc.) to enhance hit rate while meeting budgeted profit and plant loading targets.
- Manage sales rep network to ensure achievement of their sales goals – inquiry generation and follow-up, support customer visits, product training, quote closure and bid feedback. Measure sales rep performance and train or upgrade reps as necessary to maximize their performance.
- Manage a team of project managers to ensure open communication and timely resolution of issues that support company’s commercial goals. Provide guidance to the project managers to maintain all projects stay on track, customers remained informed during the order execution to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead the selling and negotiation activities of all major opportunities
- Provide and maintain timely, quality inputs to the quotation data system and customer management tools for the assigned market(s).
- Define and continuously maintain critical market intelligence from a market, customer and competitor view for the Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets
- Work with the marketing team to create compelling sales collateral that highlights the value propositions/differentiators
- Mentor and coach all team members and identify & provide all necessary training to optimize the team performance
- Interact positively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization; production team members, peers, engineering, quality, sales, administration, and senior leadership.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Minimum 15 years of technical sales experience, preferably in Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets
- Strong knowledge/experience with medium / high voltage electrical equipment, preferably with medium voltage distribution, power transformers, field service transformer testing and commissioning services
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in leading a team of sales professionals (outside & inside), quotation engineers and/or project managers
- Experience in managing channel partners (manufacturer’s representatives, EPCs/contractors and distributors)
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track-record of growing assigned market segments year-over-year
- Ability to interact positively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Territory: Data Center, Digital Currency & Electric Vehicle Charging Markets
Assistant Director of Sales is expected to travel between 30-40% of the time. This position is ideally based in Roanoke, Virginia.
VTC is the leader in technology and innovation employing 250 engineers. The company celebrated its 50th anniversary last year and offers the best compensation package in electrical industry.