Assistant Lead Engineer TCM
About the job
Assistant Lead Engineer
IN, Chennai | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 20001
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter & Electrical Module > C&E Module Quality & Tools
C& E Quality & Tools is part of Converter & Electrical Module in ACE module unit in Vestas Power Solutions (Vestas R&D). Vestas Power Solution is a business unit where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, maintained, and tested. Vestas Power Solutions operates on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
The TCM area within Converter & Electrical is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes and tools for Transport, Installation and Maintenance of our Electrical components mainly Converter, Switchgear, Transformer and HV Cables of wind turbines. We are involved in new turbine development as well as maintenance and optimization of the existing fleet.
Electrical TCM is responsible to build and implement business improvement initiatives, cost out and process maturity related to transport, construction, and maintenance value chain
- Responsible for design & development of tools and equipment for transportation, installation, and maintenance of wind turbines
- Work with Design improvements, Module projects, Service repowering, Design Maintenance, and cost outs etc
- Contribute to cost reduction and improve quality through standardization, modularization, and process efficiency improvements
- Secure technical policy making to get the needed progress in the projects
- Responsible for creation of technical design documentation such 3D CAD, 2D drawings, technical construction file, Etc
- HSE risks assessment, DFMEA, PFMEA, Design verification procedure/report etc., Adherence to relevant legislations
- Supervise product development from concept and requirement specification on to final verification of prototype and support the process development
- Responsible for project execution through SAP/ERP/ PDM ECM systems
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain
- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time, and cost targets of the project
- Masters / bachelor’s in mechanical / Machine design / Similar specialization
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in product development and detailed design
- Experience in mechanical design and specification in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Experience in electromechanical design and aspects in compliant to the relevant international standards
- Competencies Required-In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, for example using CREO/ PDMlink and project execution through ERP/ECM systems
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics
- Experience in DFMEA and Risk assessment skills
- Techno-Commercial background with ability to relate design & Technical/Process related solutions in the Industry to Cost
- Experience in prototype development & testing, Knowledge on FEA (For example ANSYS/pro-mechanical)
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and for example insight into wind turbines, e.g., welding processes and material properties
- Knowledge of Wind turbines, Electrical Components & heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, motivated, and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solution
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 15th November 2021.