Hitachi ABB Power Grids
About the job
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is seeking a Controls Engineer for its South Boston, VA location. This role is responsible for leading, engaging in or reviewing a wide range of complex technical tasks related to digital solution and transformer controls supporting integration, testing & troubleshooting during execution. This role also defines customer requirements, coordinate & align the same with control cabinet suppliers to meet customer requirements
- Lead, engage in and review a wide range of complex technical tasks related to digital solution and transformer controls
- Completely understand the customer requirements and incorporate them into control schematic design, component testing, integration and troubleshooting during testing & commissioning.
- Define customer requirements, coordinate & align the same with control cabinet suppliers to meet customer requirements and integrate protection relays into the control cabinets, with correct setting and configuration
- Lead and Review control schematic designs with Customers and suppliers to meet requirements. Lead controls system technology transfer from sister facility
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art of digital technology and market trends affecting Company products and services and recommend responsive actions
- Lead and ownership for the current as well as upcoming digital and controls requirements. Provide high quality technical advice to other departments and business related to digital transformer technology. Performs test execution of functional tests and system level testing of Digital Transformer Monitoring products.
- Provide support for integration of 3rd party devices and coordinate activities with HUB/ GPG specialists. This includes analysis of industrial communications, performing mapping of available data registers, setup and evaluation of 3rd party device into PG architecture.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE): Ensures that Group and local health, safety and environmental guidelines and directives are implemented
- Bachelor degree and 2-4 years of experience OR Masters degree and 2+ years of experience
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States
- Domain skills: Communication protocols/standards such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Fiber Optic, IEC61850, PSTN , Modbus , Control wirings and protection
- Software skills: Zuken/E3 and/or E-plan, Python, C, C++, C# and other .NET languages.
- Experience field: Control, & protection, Diagnostic devices
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to positively influence management and customers relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills