About the job
Amazon Web Services is seeking an Electrical Engineer to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation within our rapidly expanding data center foot print. This position can be based out of Dublin, Ireland.
Our Engineers: Design resilient, cost effective electrical distribution systems. As engineers at Amazon we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers. We drive continuous advancements and improvements with our designs, and communicate technical direction to Sr. Management. We seek new ways to enhance the reliability, scalability, and cost effectiveness of our engineering designs. As an engineer at Amazon you have the ability to drive change, define and design the systems our customers rely on.
Our Engineer Tasks
- Have hands on electrical infrastructure design and product development experience.
- Design electrical systems, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs.
- Directly support product development and be a part of the process from concept to implementation.
- Define equipment specifications and evaluate the merit of design changes.
- Are relied on as a subject matter expert in the electrical engineering field. We highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
At Amazon team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. We work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. As an electrical engineer at Amazon you will be working with other internal groups as well as external groups including manufacturers, vendors, and contractors. Amazon has a global presence. Travel will occasionally be necessary but shouldn’t be more than 10%. International support will be part of the job, and some international travel may be necessary. Support could consist of working with international teams and could require developing schematic and design document packages. An understanding of international electrical design requirements is helpful but not necessary.
- Supports the Data Center Design Engineering, Principal Engineering, and Hardware Engineering teams to design and develop cutting edge concepts into new products.
- Work with internal teams to understand design requirements and solicit customer input.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as mechanical engineering, QA/QC and compliance to create well thought out products.
- Creation of designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements while delivering a return on investment.
- Work with global suppliers and manufacturers to specify appropriate electrical equipment.
- Work to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
- Dictate, Review and approval of drawing submittals for mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during manufacturing phases.
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Support of Operations including failure mode and root cause analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting support, and operating procedure review.
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data center.
- Having fun while offering creative, out of the box solutions