Distribution Transformer Sales Specialist – South Region
GE Renewable Energy
Job Description Summary
Customer facing staff responsible for winning business Impacts the team’s ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. Subject to Commercial policy objectives. Has independence in achieving commercial objectives within operating budgets and operating guidelines. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgment are required to achieve outcomes required. Job Description
- Manage current and new customer accounts for GE Grid Solution’s Distribution product line for Distribution and Industrial Transformers in the South region.
- Sell Distribution and Industrial Transformer products to Independent Owned Utilities (IOU’s), Public Power accounts, and Industrial customers.
- Support key Industrial customers in the region for Industrial Transformers.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy for the region.
- Lead the tendering calls for the region for transformer opportunities.
- Manage sales opportunities for new and existing blankets through SPEAk4GE (Salesforce.com). Close opportunities with actual order values.
- Build & maintain relationships with the regional Account Managers, Channel partners, and the Grid Solutions sales force to drive market share growth.
- Work directly with Customers to influence equipment specifications and close blankets and spot buys.
- Provide sales training to Account Managers and Channels including opportunity qualification, competitive positioning, specification influence and other initiatives as required.
- Participate in assessing the performance of sales Channels to make changes or additions as appropriate to grow orders and sales.
- Own and deliver financial performance for assigned region and define strategies to grow the transformer product line portfolio.
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding the orders and sales plan.
- Lead resolution development efforts to best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary parties. Provide an essential link from the customer to commercial operations, marketing, engineering and product development teams.
- Provide regional market and competitive intelligence.
- Work jointly with Product Management/Engineering/Supply chain teams to drive development and delivery of new products and services to meet customer needs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist in partner marketing activities such as tradeshows and other promotional activities.
- Manage expenses within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Application Sales.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Experience in the Commercial, Industrial, and the Transmission & Distribution industries.
- Experience selling into the Transmission & Distribution industry.
- Technical background with distribution and power transformers
- Proven success managing channel partners.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a motivator, self-starter, and dedicated team player.
- Proven sales management skills and ability to manage in a diversified sales network.