Electrical Commissioning Engineer
About the job
A Snapshot of Your Day
You will be representing the Siemens Energy Electrical Commissioning Group on worldwide project assignments. By commissioning the Siemens Energy scope on large scale projects i.e., world class and low emission Power Plants, Grid Stabilizing Systems, Battery Energy Storage Systems etc. you actively contribute to the Global energy transition. Your contribution is of utmost importance to ensure safe, optimum operation of electrical equipment supplied by Siemens Energy. In a multinational team on site, you will commission individual components or entire systems while ensuring quality of our services. Providing feedback of on-site experience to the engineering teams which ensures that our products are subject to continuous improvement.
The position can be located anywhere in the US.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Hands-on commissioning of electrical components and systems such as, transformers, high/medium/low voltage and DC systems, protection systems, frequency converters and excitation equipment.
- Carrying out initial or repeat tests on electrical protection and control systems, as well as detailed system optimization and troubleshooting.
- Commissioning of electrical control systems with associated HMI.
What You Bring
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSc or MSc) or similar, preferably with focus on power engineering, or professional experience gained through several years of work in a similar field.
- Electrically skilled person according to NFPA70E or EN 50110.
- Preferably, but not mandatory, 3+ years experience in commissioning of high voltage/low voltage/DC systems or commissioning of electrical protection systems (e.g. SIPROTEC or similar) or commissioning of start-up frequency converters/excitation equipment.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in international assignments (typical durations ~2 to 12 month). Being prepared for 90% travel to project work sites working with a diverse site team.
- Self-sufficient, independent, quality-oriented personality.
- Team player mindset, excellent adaptability.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
About The Team
The Project Entity team is responsible for the first-class execution and successful implementation of complex projects across all Siemens Energy business units. We create and leverage synergies and highly skilled competencies across all business units to deliver projects as Siemens Energy. With a strong focus on digitalization and productivity, we deliver projects on time and on budget, while driving standards for Project Excellence, Best Practices and Lessons Learned across the organization.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave