Electrical Design Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree, electrical engineering required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years working experience as a design engineer (or related roles). Experience in the Power industry with voltage regulator/transformer products, low/medium/high voltage products or electrical substations is preferred
- Knowledge of the electrical transmission or distribution systems and IEEE standards
- Excellent understanding of Power System & application of transformer or voltage regulator required.
- Knowledge of transformer design parameters and its significance in modifying or optimizing the design structure. Strong understanding of design-to-cost and design-to-manufacturing principles is preferred
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Proficiency with AutoCad, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to learn new software. Experience with SAP is preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- Electrical design of Voltage Regulators. Perform electrical calculations on the voltage regulator components (transformer winding, core, insulation, heat transfer etc.) to support product design and development.
- Lead and collaborate on R&D projects for further product improvements.
- Create innovative concepts to provide customer solutions.
- Troubleshoot customer and operational issues when engineering support is required.
- Assist the manufacturing team with equipment improvement projects.
- Support drafting technicians with electrical drawing creation and revisions.
- Use AUTOCAD to prepare engineering drawings and bills of material.
- Effectively communicate among multiple functional groups (sales/marketing, procurement, suppliers, manufacturing, etc.) for the flawless execution of customer requirements.
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Gaining expertise in project management through various Research & Development initiatives
- Industry experience of designing voltage regulators for utility and distribution customers
- Collaboration with technical subject matter experts from global factory network
- Building valuable teamwork & leadership skills