Electrical Designer Power Transformer
About the job
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
Hitachi Energy offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Energy is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. Reporting to the HUB APMEA Tender Engineering Manager, You will be the part of Global Engineering Center heavily specialized in Power Transformers design.
- Responsible for development of various application power transformer -tender designs in coordination with the Market and Sales Strategy to meet the market needs.
- Responsible for development of transformer designs based on tender specifications.
- Preparation of Data sheets, Cost sheets as per customer specification.
- Influence specification at the tender and pre-tender stage, through conceptual discussions.
- Visiting customers for technical discussions.
- Exploring & implementing new transformer accessories.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for ourselves while caring for our colleagues and our business.
- A Bachelor Degree of Electrical Engineering.
- Around 5 years’ of experience working in Electrical design for Power Transformers.
- Further experience in other products such as Shunt Reactors, Special transformers would be advantageous.
- Understanding of Power Transformer Electrical Design, Thermal, Dielectrics, Short circuit and sound performance and transformer mechanics
- Experience in Simulation or software development would be advantageous.
- Experience on Microsoft office and tools.
- Good communication skills in English Language oral and written form.
- Demonstrated team building and networking skills, would be a preference.