Electrical Engineer, EIT
EVA Green Power, Carlsbad, California, United States
EVA Green Power is a leading commercial solar energy installer in Southern California. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for a talented engineer who shares our passion. We are seeking an Electrical Engineer in our Carlsbad office to provide engineering support for commercial solar energy system design.
· Design power, lighting, and grounding systems for Solar, Batteries, and EV Charging systems under the direction of a Professional Engineer.
· Produce plan sets in AutoCAD for AHJ submittals under the direction of a Professional Engineer.
· Perform electrical calculations including short circuit, cable, and conduit sizing, grounding, voltage drop, transformer, equipment sizing, and load calculations under the direction of a Professional Engineer.
· Complete preliminary project design independently.
· Conduct project site walks to determine equipment locations and document the existing electrical system.
· Complete onsite commissioning and testing for new commercial solar projects.
· Develop project feasibility studies and conceptual designs (single-line diagram & power plan) for solar, battery and EV charging projects.
· Assist in engagement with clients, equipment manufacturers, project developers through telephone calls and meetings.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a focus in electrical power systems
· Minimum 2 years of engineering experience in a related field, preferably in the design of solar, battery and EV charging systems.
· Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred
· Solar array design experience and experience in commercial solar projects is preferred
· Experience with simulation tools such as SKM, Etap, Visual, preferred
· PVSyst software experience preferred
· Experience with the National Electrical Code and electrical standards
· At least one years of AutoCAD experience preferred
· Strong communication skills required
· Ability to scale EVA Green Power assets and access rooftops when necessary
We are looking for dedicated, service-oriented, professionals who share our mission of providing best-in-class solar panels, energy storage and management tools and who are aligned with our core values:
EVA Green Power Core Values
1. Work safely – Help maintain a culture of safety in every situation to ensure all employees make it home safe each night. Your safety, and the safety of those around you, should always be the top priority.
2. Act with integrity – Always do what is right for the client, the employee, the company and/or the situation.
3. Deliver excellence – Hold yourself to the highest standard. Provide outstanding service with mindful technical work and timely communication that delivers value to our clients.
4. Be accountable – Be the person others can rely on and follow through on commitments. Work to solve problems, not avoid them.
5. Inspire change – Be bold and be brave. No idea is too small when it improves our services, our teamwork or our company.
6. Play as a team – Respect the knowledge, skills and ideas that each team member brings; our individual strengths make us a winning team.
7. Pursue growth and learning – Take responsibility for charting the course of your own growth and learning, and we will support you.
8. Live a balanced life – Working hard and exceeding expectations is a satisfying way to spend your workday but finding fulfillment in your personal life is essential to lasting happiness and success.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package which includes health, dental and life insurance, 401k and Flexible Spending plans.
EVA Green Power is an equal opportunity employer.