Electrical Engineer – Transformer Services
Kinectrics Fremont, CA, USA
Electrical Engineer – Power Transformers
Location Options: Remote
Kinectrics Inc. is North America’s leading provider of innovative science and engineering services to the Electricity Energy Sector in the Nuclear, Hydro Power, and Transmission & Distribution areas. We are a company built on a 90-year history of serving the energy sector with our advanced problem-solving expertise.
Kinectrics is looking for an experienced electrical engineer to work with a team of professionals in projects related to Power Transformers.
About The Job
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- As a technical specialist, plan, perform and document transformer testing, transformer maintenance activities, and consulting projects both in the field and laboratory settings.
- Be prepared to travel within the United States, Canada and elsewhere to complete projects.
- Develop an expertise in all aspects of power transformers including system utilization, design, fabrication, and factory and field testing.
- As a Subject Matter Expert utilize experience and knowledge in various transformer components and systems, including bushings, magnetic core, oil & paper insulation, on-load tap-changers, ratings and all associated instrumentation and diagnostic techniques.
- Assist in the development of marketing and business proposals in the area of power transformers.
- Assist in the negotiation and administration of contracts, including estimates of costs, schedule, and resources required.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the field of transmission and power transformers through participation in national and international bodies such as Cigre, IEEE, CEA, and IEC.
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year) in electrical engineering with a power-systems focus.
- 5-7 year of related experience with specialized expertise in the area of power transformers – from design through to inspection, assessment, maintenance techniques, ratings and life extension.
- General knowledge of transmission components such as transformers, circuit breakers, insulators, conductors, cables
- Experience in high-voltage testing is an asset.
- Must have excellent computer skills in MS Office apps, and some electronic skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Good presentation skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without the need for work sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work For Us?
Kinectrics provides a positive and supportive work environment where you will work with diverse team of engineers and be challenged to continue to learn and grow professionally.
Kinectrics offers a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurances, generous Paid Time Off and a 5% match on our 401k plan.