Engineer – Electrical
Atkins Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices. The Power Networks business is involved in electricity utilities sector in the UK and other regions. We provide value-added engineering services and built solutions across the entire spectrum of electricity networks, from high voltage power transmission grids to low voltage industrial power distribution. We have designed HV Substations up to 400kV and Electrical infrastructure for large industrial/ Multi Use developments and Heavy industries. Major clients are in UK and Middle East.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers with Transmission/Distribution experience (400kV below up to 11kV) to undertake engineering design roles for projects in the Transmission and Distribution sector primarily in the UK and Middle East. This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified person with an engineering consultancy or energy sector background to gain further experience within an internationally renowned consultancy.
This position is for the Power networks department within the Energy Group at Bangalore.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Calculation of Power demand, Preparation of SLD
- Transformer sizing, cable sizing, breaker sizing, capacitor bank sizing for MV and LV system
- LV and MV cable routing. Preparation of Substation General arrangement drawing, equipment layout for Substations up to MV and LV level
- Preparation of AIS and GIS layout for substations.
- Lightning protection and earthing design for substations and buildings.
- Lighting calculation, small power design, cable racking, installation details for the Electrical services.
- Cable racking design.
- AC/DC schematic preparation for substation.
- Clash detection and co-ordination with other Utilities
- Experience in preparation of Basis of design, design report for the projects.
- Detailed knowledge of power equipment such as switchgear, protective relays, breakers, transformers, motors, and generators is required.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills are a must, including the capability to explain complex technical issues to decision-makers and project teams. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, be willing to travel abroad for short and long term, and work successfully in a customer focused, project-oriented environment.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 6-8 years of relevant industrial experience
- Sound knowledge on software like Amtech, Lighting Reality, Dialux/Relux, Furse, CDEGS software
- Familiar with 3D BIM environment.
- Good knowledge on BS standards and International standards.
- As per ISO 9001 quality standards carry out the quality work and maintain the documents.
- As per health and safety and environmental requirement carry out the design.
- Experience of Detail Design / Infrastructure Projects.
- Ability to work in Multi-Disciplinary Projects.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please Review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement Here
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note To Staffing And Direct Hire Agencies
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies