SPX Transformer Solutions, Inc.
About the job
At SPX Transformer Solutions, we are committed to hiring the best and most talented people and providing them with the tools and opportunities necessary for them to not only excel at what they do every day, but also fuel their workplace passions and transform their careers. Mentoring, training and development activities by industry experts abound, while the nature of the business encourages cross-functional and interdepartmental learning, communication and teamwork that lead to continuous improvement in all areas. Desired competencies include self-motivation, creative problem-solving, compulsion to make a difference and the ability to work well with others in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
The engineering coordinator works under the general supervisor of the Mechanical Design Manager, and provides administrative support for the Engineering Department. Accuracy, neatness, dexterity and speed are required to perform word processing, numerical and clerical assignments. This individual must be able to maintain a fast and accurate pace even with many interruptions.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing engineering documents for manufacturing and customers. Drawing packages are printed by project according to scheduled release dates to be submitted for customer approval or shop release. Instruction manuals are compiled and to be printed to ship with the transformer and/or directly to customers.
- Responsible for special projects pertaining to engineering documents within the department.
- Responsible for secretarial tasks for engineering management to include processing mail, processing shipments for UPS delivery, and administrative duties for the engineering managers.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting engineering performance data.
- Responsible for maintaining and assisting in the writing of engineering practices.
- Responsible for collating data and information for manuals to be sent to customers.
- Responsible for printing drawings as needed and collating them.
- Responsible for scanning legacy files for long term storage.
- A successful candidate must be able to work on their feet at a counter, bending, lifting, and stooping approximately 75 percent of the time.
- They must be able to lift approximately 40 pounds of bound materials to prepare and process for shipment.
Required Education And Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate a wide variety of information to employees.
- Associates degree in business administration or a related field.
- Excellent computer skills are required with knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Preferred Education And Experience
- Familiarity with drawings and an engineering environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with the internet and how to search for information
- The above description covers the principal functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar tasks which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations