Field Service Engineer (m/f/d)
GE Renewable Energy Bavaria, Germany
Job Description Summary Install, commission and maintain GE M&D products and ensure quality service/support to customers on customers’ site. Operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities
- As an M&D Field Service Engineer, you will install, maintain, and perform servicing, working with transformer monitoring equipment including all related services.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with the ServiceLeader, Product Management, ServiceTeam, Customers, Channels, OEM’s, and SalesTeam to provide superior customer support.
- Ensure personal compliance with applicable regulations and encourage good employee safety practices.
- Provide technical direction to skilled staff and channels performing work on customer sites to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements and quality standards of the sold product.
- Knowledge of GE/Kelman DGA products and generators/transformers with the ability to provide installation and routine maintenance inspection, including repair and rebuild, for a range of equipment vintages, sizes, and application types.
- Provide both external and internal timely, accurate, and professional reports as directed
- Ensure on-site repair and modification work is carried out in compliance with Engineering and Product Department standards.
- Be a primary technical resource for on-site work and take the lead in resolving engineering and product issues.
- Ensure efficiency & quality of installation, repair and support efforts
- Communicate effectively schedule details, manpower requirements, quality issues, and tools/equipment requirements.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor of Science degree or diploma in Engineering. Preferably Electrical Engineering, controls & instrumentation.
- Prior Field Service work experience.
- Self-motivated with positive mind set and possess strong influencing skills.
- Strong English skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Minimum 70% travel requirement.
- Flexible working.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Proven experience of Kelman DGA equipment: Installation, Repair and general servicing experience within the M&D Kelman product line.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Off Shore training/experience is an advantage.
- Fluent in at least one other language of the ERCiS region is an advantage.
- Experience with installation and maintenance programs for Power Transformer monitoring equipment.
- Fluent German
Relocation Assistance Provided: No