Head (f/m/d) of Products, Tools and Manufacturing Methods
Siemens Energy Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany
About the job
- Master´s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience in dealing with specialist knowledge spanning over several technical and/or commercial groups with a specific emphasis on product development; Profound experience in the setup and maintenance of PLM in product and/or system business
- Profound supervisory experience, or program/project management engagement and leading teams in a development and task-force environment is required (>50 employees)
- Autonomous working style, excellent written and verbal communication as well as project management skills
- Competence in market analysis, competition analysis, risk analysis, life cycle cost analysis, root cause analysis and communications
- Creative forerunner and inspiring leader: Ability to manage people and to influence at all levels of organization internally and externally, especially those at senior/executive level
- Good understanding of Siemens Energy-internal platforms
- Excellent English and German language skills; Ability to work in a global, multi-culture environment; Willingness to travel up to 50% (domestic/international)
- Leading major parts of the product lifecycle development within the Power Transformer-segment; Budget responsibility for product / software and manufacturing standard developments; Heading a team of 55 people situated in 6 locations
- Identifying competitiveness levers via the enhancement and implementation of module-based product lifecycle management in a network of 14 factories (12 x transformer + 2 x feeder)
- Overseeing the product-, software- and process-/development deliveries against committed program milestone and product performance
- Increasing the product/software/process development efficiency and implementation within all factories with focus on timely execution and budget adherence
- Connecting to key customers, identifying emerging industry trends, seeking for synergies within Siemens Energy, and getting involved into supplier base developments
- Developing concepts and driving change to continuously and sustainably improve the competitiveness of the Power Transformer-segment
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders such as the PT-factories and affiliated institutes to expand/develop the product and technology portfolios
- Defining and managing execution of the ONE group’s business strategy, assignment of staff and required competencies to projects (capacity planning) aligned with the PT TC Head
Let’s Talk About Us
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Transmission we offer our customers products, solutions and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Within the Power Transformer Segment, the Technology Center drives the basic transformer development as well as standardization of components, products, manufacturing and engineering software throughout the complete value chain from offer to ex works. The global proposal management as well a s the global electrical engineering as well is resident in the Technology Center.