Ing. de Projets senior – Sous station électrique / Sr Electrical Substation Project Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
About the job
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Engineer is leader in their engineering team. He or she supports business strategy through technical and economic understanding of the marketplace and supports business leaders to provide customers with the best solutions that positively impact business. The Senior Project Engineer will also serve as technical mentor resolving conflicts and certifying finished engineering products.
The Senior electrical substation Project Engineer is responsible for all aspects of HV/EHV substation design including:
- Responsible for leading and coordinating all technical aspects of AC power substation projects. The Sr. Project Engineer must lead the team providing clear direction, expectations, and reviews.
- Direct the efforts of engineers and designers, coordinate with sourcing and the project team on technical matters to meet project specifications, cost control, and schedule objectives.
- Interface with team members such as Principal engineers, Protection and Control Engineers, Civil Structural Engineers, Electrical Physical Designers, Draftsmen, Project Managers, and support organizations.
- Directly responsible for the substation outdoor physical design—including the general arrangement, plan and elevation drawings, conduit & cable raceways, grounding, and lightning shields. Must oversee related studies and calculations as well as development of the bills of material.
- Writing high voltage equipment specifications and issuance of material purchase request forms, and vendor quotation evaluation for substation equipment. Can develop scope of work documents with deliverables and schedule for subcontracted engineering work and oversee the successful completion of the work.
- Single point of contact for technical issues for the customer and project manager. This is a customer facing role that requires an assuring credible presence in front of the customer. The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for technical change and risk management and oversees the technical scope completeness for project commercial closure.
- Accountable for the quality of self-produced and team’s deliverables
- Help develop engineering schedules and track & monitor deliverables to meet “On time Delivery” and “Say Do Ratio” KPIs. The Sr. Project Engineer will Lead Gate and Design Reviews.
- Support proposals including writing and/or reviewing technical specifications, estimating design man-hours and materials, supporting sourcing for vendor quotations, directing designers and draftsmen on drawing requirements, and the development of clarifications and exceptions.
- Define processes, procedures, and a LEAN approach to perform Root Cause Analysis, perform corrective actions, and validate process control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (BSEE strongly preferred)
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in industrial, renewable, or utility HV & EHV substation design
- Ability and willingness to travel 20% of the time, including international, and must comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check
- Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization.
- Preferred GE office location is La Prairie, Quebec.
- Professional Engineering License and willingness to serve as the responsible engineer
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including automation tools and software development, and familiarity with CAD software (AutoCAD / Microstation) and/or 3D CAD packages with BIM
- Fifteen (15) years minimum experience in T&D substation / power delivery systems engineering and projects experience as Project Engineer in utility substation type applications, including substation automation, SCADA, control and relay protection
- Working knowledge of applicable design calculations such as battery sizing & DC system component selection, power transformer and circuit breaker selection, circuit protection, control and power cable selection and rating, bus, fittings, insulator, and arrector selection, ground grid design, and lightning protection
- Knowledge of power system studies such a load flows, short circuit calculations, and insulation coordination
- Experience with GIS substation projects, as well as AIS
- Knowledge of and experience using IEEE and ANSI standards and codes such as the NEC and NESC. Moreover, the ability to engineer design packages when no clear customer specification is provided
- Field testing and commissioning experience
- Demonstrated electrical and mechanical troubleshooting capability
- Designs solutions with Field Constructability & safety mindset
- Serves as Chief reviewer of technical output, makes judgments on technical conflicts
- Works on and with developing technology – shows imagination in application of new concepts. Generates advanced value-add technical concepts in HV/EHV substation design
GE Énergie renouvelable est une entreprise d’une valeur de 15 milliards de dollars. Elle offre une gamme de produits parmi les plus étendues de l’industrie des énergies renouvelables ainsi que des solutions de bout en bout à ses clients qui exigent une énergie verte fiable et abordable. En combinant les solutions en matière d’énergie (que l’on parle d’éoliennes [terrestres et en mer], d’hydroélectricité, d’entreposage et d’énergie solaire à l’échelle industrielle) et les offres de service en matière de formules hybrides de production d’énergie renouvelable et de services numériques, GE Énergie renouvelable compte plus de 400 gigawatts d’énergie propre et renouvelable installée. Elle a en outre équipé plus de 90 % des installations publiques du monde entier de ses solutions de réseau. Avec près de 40 000 employés présents dans plus de 80 pays, GE Énergie renouvelable crée de la valeur pour les clients qui cherchent à alimenter le monde à l’aide d’électrons verts durables, fiables et abordables.