Inside Sales Manager
Delta Star, Inc
About the job
Delta Star is the largest, American-owned medium power transformer manufacturer in the United States and the premier manufacturer of mobile transformers and mobile power substations in North America. Delta Star has an immediate opening for Inside Sales Manager
Full Time, Salary Position
Delta Star provides power solutions for utilities across North America. This includes the manufacturing of medium-power transformers, mobile transformers, mobile electrical substations, trailers, and unitized substations. We offer power transformers for utility applications including power and distribution, transmission voltages, system ties, and automatic voltage regulations, as well as industrial applications. Delta Star also provides comprehensive engineering, testing, maintenance services, and parts for any transformer manufacturer through our Field Service business unit, ensuring our customer’s transformers and mobiles maintain peak performance.
The Inside Sales Manager is a subject matter expert with a developed understanding of Delta Star products, ability to understand and interpret a variety of detailed technical documents and create value within RFP/RFQ responses by ensuring technical proposals meet customer needs as well as company guidelines.
- Manages technical aspects of RFP/RFQ responses by providing evaluations of RFP/RFQs and providing input into proposals.
- Develops and demonstrates how Delta Star solutions deliver value to our customers through alternate proposals, up-sell/cross-sell opportunities and/or process improvements.
- Responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing pricing strategies to support sales of equipment and services.
- Reviews orders prior to order entry to ensure relevant technical and/or commercial details are included and conveyed properly.
- Leads efforts to identify short-term and long-range issues or opportunities in operational processes as related to quotations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Produces cost/price documentation, recommendations and proposals for RFQs. Develops pricing strategies to support optimum profitability and plant load.
- Reviews and studies drawings, plans, RFI/RFQ/RFP’s, SOW and related customer documents, including packages for presentation to the customer to identify the best bid strategy.
- Answers clarifications regarding proposals; gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Maintains comparative pricing information for RFQs to support sales and marketing initiatives.
- Manage, maintain and implement pricing process and pricing tools.
- Independently identifies process improvements; coordinates and executes solutions.
- Demonstrates and champions cross-departmental collaboration between Contracts, Project Administration, Sales, and Engineering to promote product sales, problem resolution, and effective customer relationships.
- Ensures accurate capture of costs and technical risks in each quotation; mentors and trains other personnel, as needed, to identify technical risks.
- Guides internal customers in understanding and interpreting risks and requirements; provide guidance on issues and coordinate resolution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational opportunities, publications, networking.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or 10+ years of equivalent experience in a technical industry.
- 5-7 years of experience with power transformer industry.
- 5+ years inside sales experience a plus.
- Experience in negotiation and the financial/commercial aspects of a business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of transformer products and manufacturing processes.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to lead projects and collaborate with different business functions to generate solutions.
- Ability to use judgement and take necessary initiative to identify priorities and solve problems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large data sets to support initiatives.
- Ability to articulate technical ideas into proposal content.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, ERP and CRM systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to take initiative.
- Desire to work outside of boundaries, drive change and foster continuous improvement.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, ESOP, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Floating Holidays, and Sick Pay
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.