Vestas Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
IN, Chennai | Professional | Full-Time| ID: 17082
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter & Electrical Module > C&E Module Quality & Tools
Converter & Electrical Module – Quality and Tools Sub module is part of ACE organization in Vestas Power Solutions (Vestas R&D). Vestas Power Solutions is a business unit where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, maintained and tested. Vestas Power Solutions operates on a global scale with more than 2,100 employees. Converter & Electrical Module enable Vestas leadership in the global energy transition through the industry’s best modular design and technology roadmap. Propel market respected quality, performance and cost levels, and efficient design of reusable configuration modules such as Generator Cables, Converter, LV Busbar, Transformer, Towner Cable, Switch Gear Quality sub module within C&E Module is responsible for Quality improvement projects, Continuous Improvement Projects, LPF Projects and Closed loop quality in design through DFMEA usage and other related tools.
You will be a part of the Quality & Tools sub module and report to the Sub Module Owner of Quality & Tools in Converter & Electrical Module
- Your main responsibilities and tasks will be
- Propel and improve design process landscape in electrical and align processes across turbine design modules
- Identify and Propel Quality Improvements in module
- Facilitate and conduct RCA, Failure analysis and other quality issues with sub modules and stakeholders outside module
- Propel the usage of DFMEA and ensure it is updated with new failure modes
- Ensure closed loop quality by recording and implementing all modes of lessons learned in new projects
- Propel LPF cases across sub modules and in other value chain
- Propel/Facilitate LPF related project
- Propel Continuous improvement cases (CIM) and Field failure cases across module
- Assess Process Deviation in module product development process
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment
- Coordination on CTQs with suppliers and colleagues in Global QSE dept
- Specific knowledge/skills required in the position
- Understanding of Electrical components such as power electronic converter components, transformers, switchgears and high voltage cables
- High-level understanding of power electronics working principles
- A Six sigma Certified Practioner
- Knowledge of and experience with components as capacitors, power semiconductors, magnetics, electronics
- Failure modes for power converters and transformers
- Analysis, modelling, simulation, simulation tools
- Lab testing and verification methodology for specific reliability targets
- Significant experience in experimental physics and design of test/verification
- Python, R, MATLAB programming and SQL scripting
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance strategies
- Working knowledge of failure analysis methodology for root-cause analysis
- Propel suppliers and contractors as integral partners in development
- Engage in Design for Manufacturing
- Formulation of tasks and delegation to colleagues and consultants/contractors
- Review and assure quality in colleagues’ work
- You will be coaching and guiding colleagues as well as deliver own contribution to projects
- A relevant Bachelors/master’s degree or PhD
- 10+ years of experience from electrical design and power electronics industry
- Good leadership and communication skills and capable of acting as a motivator
- Capable of defining the vision within the field of Design quality/Reliability and propelling activities to supporting the vision
- Good communication skills in English orally and written
- Capable of delivering short term results without losing the long term vision
- You are process oriented and have a structured way to work
- You have a innovative personality and can lead your surroundings with your good communication and stakeholder management
- You naturally supervise, guide, advise and share knowledge with team and stakeholders
- You are a solid networker and able to build, develop and maintain relationships in a global environment
- You possess English skills at a high level
- You should believe in and comply to our values of Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, motivated and international work environment in the sustainable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solution
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th June 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.