Lead Production Support Engineer
Siemens Energy, Budapest, Hungary
Siemens Energy provides answers to the toughest questions: we build infrastructure where there is no infrastructure. We energize the world, help industries run smoothly and create the digital tomorrow.
The main profile of Siemens Energy’s Transmission Plant in Budapest is to develop and manufacture oil and dry type transformers not only for the domestic power grid, but also for the expanding export markets.
Position: Lead Production Support Engineer
Location: Budapest, XXI district, Csepel
Reports to: Head of production
Lead production process improvement and production support activities of an electrical transformer production area mainly focusing on KPI management, Shop floor management, Value Stream optimization, NPI/NTI support, technical/engineering related problems and production tools.
What kind of tasks will you have?
- Lead KPI management activities: improve and work out production KPI’s, control the processes based on KPI results and initiate improvement actions, projects
- Define and update production related reports: productivity, losses, actual vs norm times, etc.
- Lead digital data collection projects with Production Automation team to utilize more the usage of the local MES system
- Lead process improvement projects based on KPI’s and reported results
- Support and improve shop floor management activities (e.g. production data collection, production boards and screens, problem escalation process)
- Contribute to productivity improvement projects led by production support team
- Support HC calculation and capacity planning processes
- Lead and improve production administrative processes (e.g. work time control, administrative support for production leaders)
- Lead 5S activities (work out local rules, organize and lead 5S workshops) with the support of Operational Excellence team and production leadership
- Coordinate 3i (idea system) activities and support and lead Kaizen events with the support of Operational Excellence team and production leadership
- Work on material flow and value stream optimization projects. Participate in layout planning
- Support and lead TPM activities with the support of production leadership and technology engineering team
- Improve indirect cost management processes
- Coordinate new product and new technology introduction support
- Coordinate technology and design engineering related problem solving, and support manufacturability improvements
- Coordinate machine and tool investments and support the maintenance of critical machines
- Supervise the improvement of internal logistics of production area
- Coordinate material request and material related production activities
- Coordinate training and repair processes
- Possible substitution of production leaders
What makes you stand out?
- Technical degree preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- English language on a conversational level
- Min.1-3 years of experience in manufacturing process improvement, Lean activities and root cause analysis processes
- Experience in production support or manufacturing engineering
- Experience in multi-national environment
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated to improve and change the current processes
- Able to be adapted to dynamically changing and complex production processes
- Strong analytical skills
What do we consider as Advantage?
- Experience both in mass production and low-series production
- SAP knowledge
- Leadership experience (production and/or engineering)
Why Siemens Energy Hungary?
In addition to providing a competitive benefit package and a modern, international work environment, we are respectful inclusive and diverse. We worship performance, celebrate individual contributions and different ways of thinking.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy Kft.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time