Lead Substation Engineer
About the job
This is a Great opportunity for a Substation Engineer with over 5 years of experience to be a Lead Engineer for one of the largest companies of electrical power and renewable energy.
Why be part of Actalent’ s growing Engineering team:*
- Work with a dedicated career partner specialized in power & utilities skill sets
- We advocate on your behalf so you get what you want and need out of your job
- Get performance feedback, career advice, and access to ongoing professional development tools
- Build your career and learn new skills through projects as diverse as your curiosity * you are eligible for benefits, paid time-off, and competitive wages that are paid weekly
- All assigned substation projects from conception (Early Stage) through construction and commissioning (Execution).
- In the conceptual phase, you will work with the Early-Stage Project Managers to support the engineering requirements and scope with the Development Group.
- Projects can begin as Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) 1000 competitive transmission project proposals, or as greenfield projects.
- Training, due diligence, and technical oversight of external engineers of record (EOR) for all assigned substation projects to ensure compliance with required generation interconnection agreements, scope of work documents, project specifications, site specific design requirements, IEEE, NESC, ASCE and all other applicable industry codes and standards.
- Coordinate with other project stakeholders to develop and secure a substation site, support any engineering updates, data and permits necessary to design and build the substation.
- Ensures projects are efficiently, cost effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department process, procedures, industry standards and policies.
- Support assigned project commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives.
- Support Legal in any regulatory filings, depositions and/or hearings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Substation design and engineering of High Voltage substation projects is highly preferred.
- Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience with a strong bias for action.
- PMP and/or P.E. in related discipline is a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences service and workforce solutions brand in 2021. Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.