SPX Transformer Solutions, Inc., Waukesha, WI, USA
At SPX Transformer Solutions, we are committed to hiring the best and most talented people and providing them with the tools and opportunities necessary for them to not only excel at what they do every day, but also fuel their workplace passions and transform their careers. Mentoring, training and development activities by industry experts abound, while the nature of the business encourages cross-functional and interdepartmental learning, communication and teamwork that lead to continuous improvement in all areas. Desired competencies include self-motivation, creative problem-solving, compulsion to make a difference and the ability to work well with others in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
This position is responsible for the design, development, procurement, installation, replacement and maintenance of necessary production equipment and facilities equipment required to support manufacturing operations.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities
- Review the performance of existing manufacturing equipment to determine its ability to meet present and future requirements. Make specific recommendations as required.
- Develop alternate solutions to assigned projects. Prepare all the detail work necessary to select and make a recommendation as to the best of these solutions.
- Make complete calculations and prepare specifications for the foundations and installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain a close liaison with product/ design engineering and others to insure the optimum overall product design for most efficient manufacture as well as proper process design to maintain product quality.
- Layout and determine change in size of area, location of storage and production areas, location of equipment for most efficient product flow and utilization of space and equipment.
- Design new equipment and modify existing equipment in specific areas of responsibility to improve production efficiency.
- Develop specifications for new equipment acquisitions and work closely with purchasing department in obtaining and evaluating proposals and selecting suppliers. Works closely with maintenance and shop employees on engineering design modifications to existing equipment and facilities and coordinates implementation of these changes.
- Design, modify, coordinate, install, and debug plant electrical, water, gas, sewage, oil, air, industrial gases, heating, air conditioning, production processes and material handling equipment as they relate to manufacturing operations.
- Report regularly on progress of assigned projects and keep detailed cost data on projects. Make recommendations of action required insuring project completion as scheduled.
- Demonstrate creative ability through the initiation of cost improvement recommendations and patent disclosures.
- Coordinate the training of employees on the operation of new equipment.
- Develop and maintain a sound general product knowledge and more specific product knowledge relating to application and manufacturing processes.
- Effectively support supervision and shop operators with day-to-day production challenges with a focus on product quality and schedule attainment.
- Continuously drive plant safety improvements in support of our zero harm culture.
- Keep abreast of significant developments in the field of manufacturing engineering and be able to apply these to the manufacture of products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent process and problem solving skills
- Ability to guide & lead non-technical personnel to technical solutions
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- An excellent team player with strong people skills; able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effective communication skills, including verbal (logical and organized), written, listening and presentation
- Computer skills: highly proficient in Microsoft applications: Power Point, Project, Excel and Word as well as AutoCad LT
Required Education / Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- 1 year experience in the manufacturing engineering field
- Knowledge of structural, machine tooling, maintenance methods, material handling, etc.
Preferred Education / Experience
- Experience working in a union environment
- Self- starter, high energy individuals preferred
- Candidate should enjoy working in a heavy manufacturing environment with production employees
- Ability to complete tasks after being advised of the general nature, scope and objectives of work to be accomplished with a minimum of technical assistance
- Future impact cost analysis skills
- Strong presentation skills; technical communication skill