Mechanical Design Engineer – DT Transformers Renewables (Wind and Solar)
About the job
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
Hitachi Energy offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi Energy is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will be the part of an International Design and Engineering Team specialized in Distribution Transformers for Renewable (Wind: offshore and onshore and solar) design covering different countries.
- Developing state-of-the-art design concepts as well as technical standards and/or cookbooks for the mechanical design of Wind or Solar units.
- When need arises preparation of General Arrangement Drawing, Bill of materials and submission to customer as per project schedule.
- Responsible for development of various application transformers designs in coordination with global Hitachi Energy factory based on the purchase order requirements, ordering specification in different areas of transformer Mechanical design.
- Coordinating design activities within a worldwide factories network.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Graduate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Around 2 to 7 years’ experience working in Mechanical design for Distribution or Power Transformers manufacturing industry – with focus on Renewables (wind offshore / onshore and /or solar). Candidates with higher experience also to be considered.
- Knowledge on CAD software, 3D Modeling software – Creo is considered an advantage.
- Experience in mechanical simulations (lifting, seismic, vibrations) is a strong plus;
- Experience on Microsoft office and tools.
- Good communication skills in English Language oral and written form.
- Ability to speak with and work together with the technical teams in different parts of the world.
- Demonstrated team building and networking skills, would be a preference