Magnetics (Electrical) Design Engineer
Quality Transformer and Electronics
About the job
Quality Transformer and Electronics (QTE) is seeking a highly motivated Magnetics Design Engineer. The position will be located at our head-office in Milpitas, CA.
Who we are?
Quality Transformer and Electronics is a leader in the custom transformer industry. Designing for excellence and building for durability is the focus of our philosophy. With over 150 years of experience designing and building custom transformers, reactors, inductors, rectifiers, power supplies and power conditioners, Quality Transformer and Electronics has the right experience and the right capabilities to ensure your specifications are fulfilled.
Since our incorporation in 1964, QT&E’s has specialized in every type of high-end capital equipment manufacturing. We build to the highest quality and reliability and have the capability of building to Military Specs if required. We can also meet the requirements of Universities and National Laboratories for experimental purposes.
We understand that equipment downtime can be very costly and in some of our customer’s cases, lives are at stake. That is why we design and build to the strictest quality standards.
Our product lines include:
- Open-frame transformers
- Inductors/ Reactors
- Power supplies
- Power conditioners
- Noise cut transformers
- Panel assemblies
- Power Distribution Units
Additionally, we design and manufacture unique power products that are used for experimental purposes by Universities and National Laboratories.
Essential functions/ responsibilities
- Designing custom Dry Type Transformers, Inductors & other Magnetics.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce issues during manufacturing.
- Work closely with the Test department to help troubleshoot units failing internal testing as well as create Test plans for Prototypes.
- Interface with manufacturing to solve problems relating to processes and materials.
- Review and sign-off on engineering documents such as drawings, schematics and customer approval drawings.
- Make technical decisions when the Engineering Manager is not present.
- Being supportive across departments with all projects.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical) or its equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing Transformers/ Magnetics products.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (esp. Excel).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing Transformers/ Magnetics products.
- Experience with OPS magnetics design software
- Experience with CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks)
Job Type: Full time salaried position
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Quality Transformer and Electronics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin or sex, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Our decision is based on your qualifications for our business needs.