POWER TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS MANAGER
About the job
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Power Technology Solutions Manager is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining business and technical architectures for the integration of sensors and software analytics to manage assets based on condition (not on schedule). Well-known technologies include advanced power transformer monitoring systems, drones, substation thermal cameras, smart streetlights, pole condition assessment systems, and more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the safe use of system components throughout the asset’s lifecycle: system design, procurement, integration, operation and decommissioning.
- Ensure cybersecurity and communication interoperability among system components.
- Work constructively in cross-functional teams composed of co-workers from three key functions: o Customer o Regulatory o Information Technology
- Gain ownership of technical and operational knowledge around sensors and software analytics to manage assets based on condition.
- Develop knowledge of economic factors associated with technical and operational parameters around condition-based asset management.
- Become a recognized contributor in the techno-economic analysis of condition-based asset management – both internal and external to Ameren.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Information Technology from an accredited college or university required. Advanced degree is preferred. Five or more years of utility communication system experience (i.e. SCADA systems) is required. Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)/Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies is preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Working knowledge of utility enterprise systems (i.e. ADMS, OMS, and similar) preferred. Experience with sensors in a utility/industrial environment, and firmware/software analytics is desirable.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.