Power Transformer Internal connections (Cleats & Leads) – Design engineer
Siemens Energy Thane, Maharashtra, India
About the job
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Accompaniment, Advice, Action
Siemens power transformer network comprises of state-of-the-art facilities producing world-class large power transformers and shunt reactors in several global sites. Our engineering professionals help build design and developments for further getting converted to into real products. Our design engineers build engineering information for global sites while using accurate engineering principles and application of transformer design rules. Are you interested in crafting designs, developing practical solutions and deliver excellent quality with focus on timely delivery as an active designer in a collaborative environment? Join our team and expand your own horizon.
We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role
Perform mechanical design, development and analysis of the internal connections (leads design) of transformers and shunt reactors upto 765kV and its sub-assemblies and components.
Use 2D and 3D software to model designs and individual parts to support the generation of engineering drawings and bills of material.
Collaborate on R&D projects for further product improvements
Efficient communication among engineering departments of multiple global sites
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, mechanical or electrical engineering preferred, other engineering degrees will be considered with applicable experience in mechanical design.
- 6-14 years working experience as a transformer internal connection design engineer (or related roles)
- Indepth knowledge and experience of preparation of internal layout, electrical clearances, magnetic distances, routing of leads inside tank, design of supports, coordinating lead exits with winding assembly
- Able to apply electrostatic/dielectric design concepts for high voltage leads and electromagnetic concepts for high current leads
- Knowledge of components used in internal connections like cables, bus-bars, HV lead exits, terminals, insulation supports, insulation papers, bushings, tapchangers etc.
- Basic knowledge of special processes like crimping and brazing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Advanced user of 3D CAD software (eg. CREO/PROe/Inventor/UG), PDM Link/Teamcentre, 2D CAD (eg. AUTOCAD), advanced dielectric (high voltage) FEM simulations (eg. ELECTRO, CST Studio, Infolytica) and electromagnetic FEM simulations (eg. MagNET, FEMM)
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in the Power industry with voltage regulator/transformer products, low/medium/high voltage products or electrical substations.
- Experience with SAP
- Strong understanding of working in Global engineering center or equivalent
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Kalwa, Navi Mumbai but you’ll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.