Product Support Specialist
About the job
We have an opportunity for an Product Support Specialist in our Smyrna, TN location. This role provides an opportunity to grow and develop technically across medium/low voltage products and provide the opportunity to collaborate with internal and external support teams and customers.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great People Make Schneider Electric a Great Company.
Schneider Electric Global Supply Chain has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Electrical Designer in our Smyrna, TN facility.
The Order Engineering Team is looking for a Product Support Specialist to coordinate both medium and low voltage equipment across an integrated unit substation based on our customer’s plans and specifications. These products are applied to distribute utility and generator power to various environments, including industrial, water/wastewater, and data centers.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordination of mechanical and electrical connections between various manufacturing locations to form an integrated substation. Substations include medium voltage, low voltage, and transformer product lines.
- Interpret company and industry codes and standards (ANSI, UL, IEC, IEEE, UBC, etc)
- Provide quotation and layout assistance and be the interface between the sales force and manufacturing facilities
- Review specifications and component bill of materials and facilitate required revisions with field sales and manufacturing plants
- Provide detailed equipment layouts to plants and suppliers to create a value engineered product offering
- Review all customer release documents and release equipment to suppliers
- Be the first point of contact for after shipment resolution
- Responsible for the financials on the product and will be involved from order entry, change order management, inspection, shipment, and commissioning
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- 2 Year Associate Degree in an engineering related field is required
- 1-3 years of relevant engineering work experience is a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and exceptional time management skills Strong computer skills with MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft Office suite
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.