Production Manager at Power Transformers
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
About the job
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You will be part of Power Transformers in Ludvika. We manufacture power transformers and reactors up to the highest occurring powers and voltages. The Transformer unit in Ludvika has the core competence within the ultra-high voltage levels that are required to transfer a large amount of energy over long distances. Most of the new technology for power transformers is developed here in Ludvika. “We are proud of our achievements and are now focusing on the future. As Production Manager you will be an important player in our strategic direction where leadership, efficiency, innovations and digitalization are key success factors. This is your chance to make a difference”- Mats Kols, Operations manager at Power Transformers
- As Production Manager you have high focus on safety, quality, and productivity
- Develop the production team with a coaching approach.
- You create energy and clear goals and metrics.
- Your responsibility is to make the business flexible to meet the market requirements.
- Driving efficient and cost-effective production results to meet order demands, specifications, quality, and planning targets, through the coordination and management of plant equipment, personnel, and production processes
- Identifying deficiencies in production area, proposing improvement activities, and overseeing implementation of actions to improve production performance, while collaborating with Continuous Improvement teams to integrate lean manufacturing principles into the production processes.
- Preparing production budget, overseeing progress, and determining actions to mitigate risk in order to manage operations within budget and resource constraints.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience from a comparable position
- To successfully take on this position, you probably have experience from leading employees and in change management
- You are an analytical thinker in order to look on the essential parts of the business and take the right actions
- A driven leadership is required for this role since the change process takes time and is challenging.
- Lean manufacturing skills
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, both written and verbal
- High level of time management skills for you self and when coaching others