About the job
Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful completion of projects and utilizing the planning department resources as needed.
- Oversight of multiple projects
- Direct Kick-Off Meeting to confirm project scope, customer need-by dates, hi-level schedule and labor budget hours and revenue milestones.
- Interface with core functions (Sales, Marketing, Planning & Manufacturing) to generate project specifications and confirm customer requirements and ability for business to meet both financial and schedule expectations at Sales Order inception:
- Sales Budget Worksheet review
- Confirm Engineering and production labor hours budget
- Communicate discrepancies to the Sales and Finance departments
- Interface to customers to coordinate and schedule concurrent development activities and report project status.
- Review project plan from the planner:
- Labor load conflicts (under/overload issues)
- Materials lead time conflicts
- Production Build Plan (sub-assembly detail):
- Review start to finish dates
- Review Build Plan from operations, including sub-assembly details and start/finish dates to ensure alignment with customer commitment and revenue milestones.
- Define key project requirements, including revenue milestones, and flow down to team members.
- Will take leadership role in the compilation of project schedules, task, and project completion time estimates, specifications, test plans, equipment purchases, release of related documentation, revenue milestones and other duties as assigned.
- Assist and recommend coordination for personnel resource usage in engineering and production in order to meet or beat dates and budgets weekly.
- Monitor certification needs and ensure the Quality department is ahead of shipment needs.
- Review Engineering due dates vs the percent of completion, identify conflicts, and resolve with Engineering.
- Proactively define and suggest improvements to the design-engineering environment as well as areas unrelated to engineering.
- Monitor Engineering progress weekly vs the percent of completion vs budget hours.
- Communicate budget hours vs the percent of completion issues to production and Finance.
- Meet with Finance to review job progress on both schedule and budget.
- Facilitate and communicate production delivery of completed units to the Test department.
- Facilitate materials to push and/or pull as needed.
- Push usage of in-house inventory with Engineering.
- Facilitate/Communicate witness test dates between the Test and Sales departments.
- Review shipment details on packaging and documentation with the Shipping and Logistics group.
- Close out meeting for technical and budget changes.
- Review issues throughout the project, suggest future SOP’s, etc. and denote in final close out memo stating the issue(s) encountered attached to the project for future budgeting and history.
Education – Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, including course work in oil-filled power transformer and rectifier manufacturing OR the equivalency of progressively responsible work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in oil-filled power transformer and rectifier manufacturing/design.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities And Training Needs
- Proficiency with MS Office is required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
At Neeltran we are uniquely positioned because we are one of the few companies in the world that designs and manufactures its own rectifier transformers and dc rectifiers in the same facility under one management team. This unique capability allows for combined Full Current and Full Voltage factory testing of the transformer and rectifier in their actual configuration prior to shipment.
An experienced client requires combined testing to eliminate integration problems at the site and to assure the shortest commissioning time. This results in significant cost savings and produces the highest quality units. Most other Power Electronic System integrators purchase the Transformer from the least expensive sub-contractor, or they manufacture key system components in different geographic locations which operate under different management objectives.
Our power conversion products and customer service are the best in the industry. Being that Neeltran designs and builds its rectifiers and transformers you do not have to deal with a 3rd party for service. Custom power systems manufacturing and engineering is what we do. Neeltran is ISO-9001-2015 certified.
We service our clients from installation to end of life of product, nobody beats our service as we are on call for our customers and service many types of rectifier systems (including other brands).
With Neeltran, your firm will gain access to our 45 plus years of proven Power Electronic experience, the latest technology and professionals who are enjoying world-wide recognition in this field. We offer a variety of types of rectifier products. We would welcome an opportunity to work with you on your next project!