Regional Sales Manager – Power Transformer
Delta Star Inc. Edmonton, AB
About the job
Delta Star is a leading transformer manufacturing company is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the west or east Canada regions.
This position is responsible for assertively generating new business qualifying customers, and developing business relationships with utilities. This specific role will require extensive relationships with provincial utilities in Canada. Ensuring the growth of existing customer accounts through market research and competitive analysis, driven by a thorough technical and commercial understanding of our products and market, as well as those of our competitors.
The Regional Sales Manager works with potential and current customers to access analyze and position our custom-engineered products and capabilities for success in the marketplace. The Regional Sales Manager works closely with other sales personnel/representatives to prepare detailed recommendations and cost estimates from customer specifications to offer solutions that meet the customer’s needs. The Regional Sales Manager will be expected to travel as much as necessary to be successful.
- Provide actionable reports to DSI for the region
- Perform customer visits and presentations to the further the sales goals.
- Participate in bringing customers to DSI plants for visits and plant approvals.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with the Director of Sales.
- Provide assistance whenever necessary to escalated situations.
- Work to develop an extensive CRM database to further sales goals and customer relationships.
- Mentor manufacturer sales representatives
- Communicate closely and effectively with other departments (i.e. design engineering, contracts specialists, operations, etc.) regarding customer needs.
- Communicate and promote the company’s image and objectives externally.
- Make recommendations and provide data in support of decision-making.
- Requirement of minimum 5 years of experience with utility sales (This is a requirement)
- Experience of working in the transformers industry (an important asset)
- Prior work experience with Power Transformers, Shunt Reactors, Special Transformers and Bushings design, function, and product familiarity (an important asset)
- Bachelor Degree Or Equivalent
- Experience in a commercial capacity (Sales, Commercial Operations, or Marketing) (asset)
- Regional Sales Managers are expected to travel and perform customer visits in order to develop strong relationships between Delta Star and its customers.
- Prior work experience with Power Transformers, Shunt Reactors, Special Transformers and Bushings design, function, and product familiarity
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Deep product, project and domain expertise
- Familiarity with Power Transformers, Shunt Reactors, Special Transformers and Bushings market and customers
- Successful orders growth track record
- Self-starter, positive attitude, committed to the success of the business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and executing successful growth strategies
- Desire to work outside of boundaries and drive change
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to job
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to interact & function cooperatively with multiple stakeholders and customers.
Why Join Delta Star:
- Competitive compensation
- Company provided vehicle
- Wonderful and stimulating work environment and teammates
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, and more)
- Employer contribution to a retirement pension plan
- On-site Parking (Free)
- On-site cafeteria with discounted food meal.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
Possibility of working entirely remotely from home office.