Hitachi ABB Power Grids
About the job
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Tendering function is purposed to support local sales organization and taken responsibility to create and complete bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in the area of responsibility. HPG Grid Integration support customers in creating stronger, smarter and greener grids adapted to meet the needs of the changing power landscape. Our system solutions are designed and delivered to provide the highest lifecycle value with the lowest risk. You will be part Grid Integration projects achievement within the Power Grids business in Thailand. Reporting to the Operation Unit Manager, you will maintain and enhance customer satisfaction by providing excellent solution at since first stage of the project.
- Providing any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings.
- Responsible for collecting all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- Creating and completing bids document (Technical proposal and Commercial proposal based on customer specification or customer budget.
- Identifying potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications.
- Collecting and archiving documentation regarding the offer/order and recording assumptions and decisions taken during the development process.
- Ensuring tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Identifying potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels.
- Providing information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with HPG policy.
- Ensuring that inputs from related function for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures.
- Regularly reporting the status of the bids using defined tools and collecting and analyzing the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
- Collaborating with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- Living HPG’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Power Engineering.
- 0-2 years of experience in Sales Engineering field or working as Project control role with relevant to power transformer products, power substation, LV, MV and HV switchgear is preferred (New graduated is welcome).
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Strong in collaborative and communication skills.
- Good in English communication.