Sales Engineer (OPT)
Virginia Transformer Corp Roanoke, VA
VTC is searching for a Sales Engineer to generates new business and ensures the growth of existing accounts. Assesses potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs. Responsible for meeting sales margin and expense control objectives for an assigned market(s) in accordance with the overall policies and objectives of the Company. This position will ideally reside in Roanoke, Va., Ohio, or Illinois.
OPT’s are encouraged to apply!
- To work safely is in an electrical manufacturing environment, on job sites, and in customer facilities.
- Interact positively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization; production team members, peers, engineering, quality, sales, administration, and senior leadership.
- Understand, display, and champion the Core Values of the organization.
- Provide timely, accurate, effective quotation service to all customers within the assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
- Obtain quotation requests from customers in the assigned market(s).
- Interpret and clarify customer specifications.
- Determine strategy, price levels, and commercial terms.
- Secure amount and type of orders from the assigned market(s) to meet the sales budget and needs of the business.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with the Market Manager and Director of Sales on all quotation activity and status.
- Engage in all necessary order closing activities within the assigned market(s), including but are not limited to:
- Visit customers as needed on specific transactions and routinely to establish solid relationships.
- Assume a lead role in setting the Company’s strategy for securing key large orders within the assigned market(s).
- Engage in daily selling and negotiation activities to meet assigned goals and objectives.
- Provide and maintain timely, quality inputs to the quotation data system and customer management tools for the assigned market(s).
- Involved in product service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Enthusiastically represent Virginia Transformer Corp. to all customers in support of the Business Plan.
- Assist the Director of Sales in overall sales planning for the assigned market(s).
- Satisfy all work performance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, with a concentration on power industry, or Associate’s degree plus equivalent direct work experience.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with concentration on transformer product and/or power industry and some formal coursework at the college level in sales and/or marketing functions preferred.