Senior Application Engineer
About the job
A Snapshot of Your Day
The Senior Application Engineer will apply comprehensive knowledge of Transformers in the development and submission of proposals for Services in the US market, working closely with SE Transformers business unit and Transmission Services Business Development and Operations teams.
The successful candidate will work closely with local and global SE Transmission Services teams to assure that proposal content and related scope of supply, descriptions and schedules of delivery can be fully supported, and that estimated costs associated with the scope of work are documented in accordance with the business strategy.
How You Will Make An Impact
The successful candidate will apply comprehensive knowledge of Transformers to:
- Review RFP’s, commercial/technical documents, drawing packages, site specifications, equipment and testing specifications, and other engineering related documents to develop service solution.
- Identify and mitigate project risks and liabilities.
- Register RFPs for Transformer services from customer in Salesforce.com database and track proposal stages. Participate in negotiations and proposal revisions, as necessary.
- Develop costs to execute project based on documentation review, OEM standards and experience with similar projects executed.
- Develop service solutions, prepare service proposal for submittal to customer, including technical and financial descriptions, terms and conditions and any documentation such as forms, schedule, etc.
- Comply with SE Transmission Services processes and requirements, including cost/price determination, profit, cash flow, contractual terms and conditions, LoA and Compliance requirements.
- Receive orders from customers, review/negotiate documents to certify proper resources are allocated for Operations team to execute the project and maintain business targets.
- Prepare order entry documentation to transfer awarded project to Operations and contract administration team. Participate in internal and/or external kickoff meetings as required to facilitate the smooth transfer of orders.
- Work closely with local and Global SE Transmission Services and Power Transformers proposal specialists, BDM’s, PM’s, etc.
What You Bring
- bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent in engineering field.
- 10+ years of experience in a technical role on Transformer industry, which may be design, manufacturing, quality, commissioning, or services, including but not limited to Transformers, Auto Transformers, GSUs, HDVCs, Reactors, Shunt Reactors, up to 500 kV or greater.
- Ability to manage projects including subcontracted scope of work, such as parts, transport/relocation of transformers, IPB, Fire Deluge systems, etc.
- Industry knowledge of design, repair, upgrade, and installation requirements of Transformers
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to manage large engineering packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
- Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments.
- Have a clear understanding of project requirements (reviews, understands, and ensures compliance with required contract documents including commercial and technical specifications, scope, schedule, and performance).
- Detailed knowledge of drawings, bills of material, and related technical specification.
- This is a position requiring attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling many projects and tasks in parallel.
- The candidate must be quality focused and continually seek better and more efficient ways of improving responsiveness to customer needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics, AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave