Senior Electrical Engineering-Wind onshore/offshore
About the job
Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about renewable energy and looking to expand your impact?
Are you interested in having a hand in shaping the direction of the fast-growing wind, offshore wind, and hydrogen industry?DNV’s Energy Transition Outlook predicts that we will exhaust the 1.5 degree carbon budget in 2028. How will you spend your next 5 years making a measurable impact on climate change mitigation?
DNV Energy’s Electrical Engineering team is growing rapidly. Our team is comprised of highly skilled electrical engineers performing owner’s engineering, preliminary design, interconnection services, technical due diligence for new construction and repowering, and construction monitoring for the wind, offshore wind, solar PV, energy storage, and emerging technologies industries.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineering-Wind onshore/offshore to join our team. The Senior Engineer’s skillset will both shape the direction and application of expertise to services, as well as complement a group of highly skilled, Senior- and Principal level experts making a daily impact in the development, design, and construction of projects. The Senior Engineer, depending on skillsets and interest, will perform a wide variety of technical tasks applying experience and training in electrical power systems, electronics, controls, and instrumentation in support of the design, development, and construction of renewable energy projects.
Why should you work with us?
Within DNV’s Renewables and Power Grids group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position is located in one of our DNV offices throughout the United States What you’ll do:
- Act as a collaborative subject matter expert on electrical engineering projects, authoring and/or reviewing technical reports alongside a variety of internal teams, including independent engineering, asset operations, onshore and offshore wind advisory, permitting, civil engineering, turbine technology, power systems advisory (grid and markets studies group), and other teams globally
- Review electrical designs and interconnection contracts and studies for onshore wind, offshore wind, high voltage substation design, and other projects
- Support business development activities in North America, by demonstrating curiosity and engaging in authentic, expertise-driven discussions with DNV’s 25+ key accounts and over 100+ renewable energy customers in North America. Identify opportunities across multiple renewable energy types to offer value-added services to customers as a seller-doer
- Support strategy, market positioning, and develop thought leadership (committee engagements, conference attendance and developing webinars, guides and standards development, whitepapers and/or blog posts)
- Perform or review power system studies such as grounding, reactive power, cable ampacity, and preliminary collection system design using computer software and other methods
- Provide guidance and training in electrical commissioning, safety, and procedures
- The Electrical Engineer will enjoy a wide variety of field and analytical work including in-depth work in the full spectrum of electric power systems, with frequent interaction with experts from the related turbine, energy analysis, environmental, and civil engineering groups
Position Qualifications What Is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience directly working on renewable energy (including wind, transmission and/or power electronics) projects
- Electrical system studies and modeling
- Knowledge of IEEE, IEC, NEC, and CIGRE standards and guidelines
- Electrical system construction including distribution, substation, and transmission systems
- Willingness to participate in 10-15% domestic travel (US and Canada), with more significant travel opportunities available if desired
- Strong writing and communication skills for report writing, communication of technical concepts to internal and external clients is a must
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What Is Preferred
- Power generation, distribution, substations, and transmission
- Protection, controls, and SCADA systems
- Bulk electric system operation principals, reliability standards, and regulation
- Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We ShareDNV is a proud equal-opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment Department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston’s best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal – Best Places to Work competition.For more informationhttps://www.eeoc.gov/know-your-rights-workplace-discrimination-illegalRead more here:Diversity and inclusion in everything we do, every day – DNVMeet our Employees
Careers in DNV
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Charitable Matched Giving and Volunteer Rewards through our Impact Program
- Volunteer time off (VTO) paid by the company
- Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world’s leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system