Senior technical expert/ technology manager
Weidmann Electrical Technology is a leading solution provider to the transformer industry, including transformer manufacturers and operators. With a global presence in more than 30 locations around the world, we are currently looking to add a Senior Technical Expert to our team in Rapperswil, Switzerland.
The position is based at the company headquarters (other European locations considered), reporting directly to the Global Head of Technology and Innovation. Please see below for further details on the position and how to get in touch.
– Technical consulting (internal, external, to OEM customers as well as utilities etc.)
– Management and participation in technology and R&D projects
– Development of internal expertise in transformers (design, production, operation) / transformer insulation
– Representation of Weidmann in technical expert committees (IEC, IEEE, CIGRE etc.) and at industry conferences
– Management of technical resources
Desired skills & experience:
– Design of power transformers / transformer insulation systems
– Strong communication and presentation skills, covering technical topics
– Project management
– Strong interpersonal skills and effective team management
– Ability to work in a multicultural environment (internal and external)
– Significant experience in the management of technical groups
Languages: Fluent in English (company language), German of significant benefit, other languages beneficial
Travel: 20 – 30% of time
To register your interest in this position, please follow the link below to provide us with a copy of your resume or alternatively a brief summary of your experience.
Please note, applicants shortlisted will be provided with more details on the type of work and specific areas of expertise required. Your application or enquiry will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
If you do not currently have the legal right to work in Switzerland or the EU region your application cannot be considered.
Any unsolicited emails or submission of applicants by recruitment agencies or similar specialist service providers will not be considered.