Specialist Engineer, 1-Phase (1PH) Transformers
About the job
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Specialist Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Nacogdoches, TX facility. Relocation is provided!
Our Specialist Engineer is a subject matter expert and leader to the 1-Phase (1PH) Transformer engineering organization for new product development (NPD) and program management. The role assures the creation of high quality custom designed products that meet and exceed customer requirements and satisfaction and will focus on both design and application. This includes direct and indirect support of projects, support of Marketing/Sales efforts, and leadership of project management activities, including interfacing with engineering, operations and marketing staff located at our facilities in Nacogdoches, TX, Guadalajara, MX, and Waukesha, WI.Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Collaborate with global multi-disciplinary teams to deliver products and features in the product line. Translates customer requirements into functional/technical/program specifications.
- Support product application and optimization, new product opportunities, and market strategy to foster growth, profitability, innovation, and vitality within the product line and to drive overall quality, reliability, and efficiency of the design.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop goals, specifications and implementation plans for new products, cost saving projects and performance enhancements.
- Manage and execute NPD, VAVE and/or sourcing project milestones and financials. Responsibility, authority and accountability for project scope delivery and successful execution.
- Manage projects of various size and priority from project definition through implementation.
- Oversee performance requirements, test data, and programs needed to approve new designs, evaluate existing or proposed products, and investigate new opportunities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years in engineering experience
- Minimum one (1) year experience in project or program management
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience in design engineering supporting manufacturing
- Experience working in electrical sector
- Knowledge of Transformer design and test procedures
- Ability to successfully lead projects along with passion to drive champion innovation
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 10%
- Good oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate and explain technical issues/concepts
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple support requests simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com