Sr Transformer Design Engineer
About the job
Nesco is seeking a Sr. Transformer Design Engineer to join our client’s team at their New Milford, CT location.
Design specialty power transformers and related magnetic components up to 50MVA, 69 kV including rectifier duty transformers 100kAdc. Perform overall transformer design calculations and detailed coil and insulation design.
- Member of team designing high capacity power and distribution transformers (up to 50MVA, 69 kV to be used for rectifier loads up to 100kAdc.) to IEEE and IEC specifications.
- Design oil-filled and dry-type transformers and magnetics as needed.
- Perform overall transformer design calculations and detailed coil and insulation design.
- Perform cooling calculations and select cooling components and other major components and accessories as needed.
- Create bills of materials.
- Assist/support mechanical design done by the Mechanical Department including core design, core/coil construction, overall tank Client-out and clearances, cable routing, etc.
- Provide technical support as needed to the Production and Test Departments in the shop
- Provide test results, required tests in advance, and review final test data to evaluate designs.
- Assist a department-wide effort to create engineering design guides and manuals.
- Assist in developing standard tools, rules, and guides to improve efficiency and consistency in our designs.
- Train others as required by your manager.
- Utilize test data and production feedback to aid in cost reduction efforts and the development of tools and rules as mentioned above
- Tasks as required by your supervisor
Education – Experience
- BS in electrical engineering or Electro Mechanical Engineering and 5 years of experience as a Transformer Designer including work in oil-filled power transformer design)
- Must have experience in oil-filled power transformers design, including High-current bus bar, Regulating and multi-tap transformers,
- Winding construction and insulation system designs
- Dry-type transformer experience is a plus
- Rectifier duty and harmonics design experience is a plus
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Proficiency with MS Excel is required. Andersen short-circuit/leakage field software are a plus.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift, Monday – Friday
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.