Transformer & Components Training Specialist
About the job
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a North America Transformer & Components Training Specialist for its Raleigh, NC location. This role is responsible for developing documentation and content using visual emphasis and hands on tools such as videos, pictures, presentations, and hands on training.
- Develop training curriculum in the selected product line (Distribution Liquid Filled Transformers, DRY Transformers, Power Liquid Filled Transformers or Transformer Components Division)
- Develop certification and training success criteria for each function of the product line
- Train the cross functional team using a virtual and in-person mode of communication in our Transformer factory locations: Bland-VA, South Boston-VA, Jefferson City-MO, Crystal Springs- MS, Alamo-TN, Quebec City- Canada, Varennes- Canada
- Collaborate with the hub engineering training team and focus on IEEE and North American Market Product design and platform development with the hub engineering team
- Evaluate lessons learned, quality alerts, engineering alerts, and incorporate into training for engineering, marketing, and quality functions
- Set up monthly training for all the new hires to teach the fundamentals of product lines.
- Update the training and documentation of training plans
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers and other Engineering team members to develop content to preserve knowledge and information. Generate new and productive ideas to improve all Engineering team skills using innovative tools
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or other Engineering field and 5+ Years of Experience in one of the following areas: Distribution Liquid Filled Transformers, Dry Type Transformers, or Power Transformers and accessories
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation Skills
- Ability to develop training curriculum by working with several cross-functional teams in North America and global business unit and global product group teams as necessary
- Ability to deliver training material using virtual and in person training sessions
- Excellent engagement skills in-person and virtual
- Travel 25-50%
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans’ status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.