Transformer Design Engineer
Rex Power Magnetics
About the job
Rex Power Magnetics is looking for a design engineer experienced in Dry Type Transformer design, as well as design of Air Core Reactors and other power magnetics components.
Summary (Focus of position):
- Responsible for preparing winding and core cutting specifications.
- Contributes to Design Guides, Supports more Junior Design Staff.
- Interacts with production staff, testing, quality department.
- Assists Estimating, supports Sales and Projects.
- Involvement in compliance/conformance with CSA, UL, and other standards
- Involvement with IEC Ex products (Design checking, maintenance of approval)
- Post Secondary Education with an Electrical Engineering.
- 4 to 5 years of practical experiences in Transformers/Reactors manufacturing, and design.
- Knowledge in business administration acquired in a post secondary, or through equivalent work related experiences.
- Computer skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Locations (North American & International directives)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design High power transformers in the most cost efficient and effective manner.
- Orient, and also give assistance to support staffs to design products in the most cost efficient and effective manner.
- Reviews all designs received from staffs and give the approval before issuing them to the plant production
- Modify existing designs to be more cost efficient in terms of labour and different kind of material inputs.
- Liaise with purchasing agent to order the required materials. i.e. Combs, Lightning arrestors, Fuses.
- Build up cost of direct material & direct labour used in producing goods especially hi power transformers.
- Determine the causes of the malfunctioning of returned goods.
- Responsible for all engineering documentation, including Drawings, Manuals and all other documentation related to Rex’s IEC Ex product and component approvals
- Product certification CSA, UL.
- Develops new products to be more cost efficient in terms of labour and different kind of material inputs, and implement the solution.
- Answer all enquiries on the technical aspects of transformers from customers, production department, CSA and UL, as well as CSA/SIRA (for IEC Ex / ATEX)
Health & Safety
- Observe company safety rules and procedures; set an example for office/plant conduct, professionalism, and harmony.
- Promote an atmosphere of strict adherence to health & safety protocols
- Assist others (within department and outside of department) to support the shared objectives of the company as a whole.
- Respect the assigned office hours, break times, and lunches. Discuss vacation and time-off with manager long in advance.
- Promote a friendly and professional office environment, free of discrimination, violence, or harassment.