Transformer Field Assistant
Siemens Energy Raleigh, NC (On-site)
How You’ll Make An Impact.
- Maintaining functionality of tools and equipment. Perform duties in accordance to industry regulations and standards.
- Provide updates to Crew Leader on tasks performed and observations made during the execution of assigned tasks.
- Assist in the repair of transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate personal lodging and travel and other transportation, as needed.
- Support Crew Leader in maintaining safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform maintenance on daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
What You Bring.
- High School diploma, GED or technical vocational or apprenticeship training, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
- Some technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers/transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry preferred
- Requires good communications skills and ability to follow verbal/written instruction.
- Good time management skills
- CDL is Preferred
- Valid Drivers License required
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federalcontractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legalguidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatoryvaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor thesituation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply withfederal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this positionrequires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they aregranted a medical or religious accommodation.