Transformer Field Assistant
Siemens Energy Raleigh, NC On-site
Department: SE GP TO SV NA US OPS FLD
Job Grade: 92 T40
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Make Real What Matters.
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. That way we not only contribute, but actively drive the energy revolution for a better and greener future. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons. True specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
A Snapshot of Your Day
As a part of our team, you will execute technical field assignments involving the assembly, installation, modification, test, inspection, service and/or repair of distribution and power transformers. You may recommend measures to improve field service operations and customer service. In addition, you may be assigned other work, individually, or as part of a larger electrical substation / power plant project.
Transmission Business at Siemens Energy
We offer our customers products, solutions, and services to transfer energy efficiently ranging from expansion and replacing to upgrading.
Check out this video to see what we do!
How You’ll Make An Impact.
- Maintaining functionality of tools and equipment. Perform duties in accordance to industry regulations and standards.
- Provide updates to Crew Leader on tasks performed and observations made during the execution of assigned tasks.
- Assist in the repair of transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate personal lodging and travel and other transportation, as needed.
- Support Crew Leader in maintaining safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform maintenance on daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
What You Bring.
- High School diploma, GED or technical vocational or apprenticeship training, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
- Some technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers/transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry preferred
- Requires good communications skills and ability to follow verbal/written instruction.
- Good time management skills
- CDL is Preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment. Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
- Siemens offers tuition reimbursement, empowering employees to develop their skills, education and personal growth giving them the tools needed to expand their horizons within the company.
- Siemens promotes continual learning by offering access to the Learn@Siemens platform. Learn@Siemens offers both in-person and virtual courses ranging from technical instruction to leadership skills.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers – if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.