Transformer Field Supervisor & Tester
Hitachi Energy, Stow, OH
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Transformer Field Supervisor & Tester for its Stow, OH location. This role is responsible for directing and working alongside crews of field service technicians as they complete various transformer installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection projects. Transformer Service Testers have the technical knowledge and ability to perform standard electrical testing on these transformers. Work is performed on customer sites and requires extensive travel. This position reports into the Eastern U.S. region but projects may be assigned anywhere in the United StatesYour responsibilities
- Lead crews ranging from 2 to 8+ technicians to complete assigned projects
- Projects may include but are not limited to the installation, repair, testing, maintenance, relocation, scrap, inspection, and retrofit of transformers with high-side voltages ranging from 4160V to 765kV
- Act as the onsite point of contact for the customer and subcontractors during project execution
- Strategically assign tasks to crew members in order to minimize cost and project duration considering crew skillsets, site conditions, weather forecasts, etc.
- Proactively identify and report project nonconformance to Project Management and Engineering for timely resolution
- Perform electrical testing of transformers and reactors including but not limited to bushing power factor & capacitance, core megger, CT ratio & polarity, TTR, winding resistance, insulation power factor, insulation resistance, excitation, SFRA, DRF, leakage reactance, and control cabinet functional checks.
- Provide input and expertise during the project-planning phase regarding project schedule and manpower requirements
- Practice and promote a safety-first approach; always maintain compliance with all Hitachi Energy and customer EHS requirements
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 9+ years of professional work experience, OR
- Associate Degree and a minimum of 7+ years of professional work experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Thorough knowledge of transformer field service operations and transformer field testing
- Knowledgeable and fully fluent in transformer installation and assembly, vacuum and oil processing, shell and/or core form transformer designs, and components internal to the transformer
- Proficiency with Load Tap Changer (LTC) maintenance and repair is a plus
- Experience welding above and below oil on transformer tanks is a plus
- Possession of a Class A CDL is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel 90%