Transformer Fleet Assessment/Condition Assessment Expert
Hitachi ABB Power Grids Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Transformer Fleet Assessment/Condition Assessment Expert, will be part of Power Grids business based in Dubai, UAE. You are responsible to act as service lead in high complex Service work and trouble shooting and ensure delivery according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Deliver outstanding customer service to earn customer loyalty. In close co-operation with customer and other Hitachi ABB Power Grids teams, take actions to develop new Service business opportunities and new service products.
- Preparing condition assessment report and discussion with customers.
- Fault analysis when failure occurs.
- Preparing transformer engineering studies.
- Performing field internal inspections of transformers for failure investigation or field repairs.
- Performing transformer electrical design calculations for repairs on site.
- Reviewing field test reports.
- Supporting specialist field service jobs in technical capacity.
- Preparing engineering solutions quotes.
- Present and discuss detailed technical issues with customers.
- Performing technical marketing with customers.
- Attending customer meetings with operations and Service saws team to build envelope of confidence.
- Living Hitachi ABB Power Grids core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical) is required.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of experience in transformer design, transformer service or transformer manufacturing.
- Ability to formulate solutions to technical problems and prepare technical quotations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
More About Us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com