Transformer Insulation Engineer
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Be an R&D engineer for transformer insulation in order to improve technology and product quality.
- Cooperation with manufacturing units as well as internal and external labs and research units.
- Fundamental analysis of board properties and process parameters.
- Understanding of pulp specifics, glue and laminates.
- Chemical analysis for materials.
- Supporting root cause analysis and test failure investigation.
- Material benchmarking including testing.
- Contribution to R&D projects.
- Collaboration with other engineers within R&D community.
- Providing project and test reports as well as other papers.
- Higher degree in Engineering.
- At least 2-years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good verbal and written English language skills.
- Statistical analysis, data modeling and data mining.
- Self-management concerning tasks, proactive approach, ability to organize team activities.
- Ability to plan and execute on timely manner with high quality.
- Basic project management experience.
- Basic chemistry.
- Understanding of dielectric issues and insulation function in electrical devices.