Transformer Service Specialist (remote)
Hitachi Energy Las Vegas, NV Remote
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Transformer Service Specialist for its Santa Clara, CA, Portland, OR, or Las Vegas, NV location. This role is a primary point of contact between Hitachi Energy Sales teams and our customer base and will be expected to travel throughout the USA. Working with Hitachi’s Sales Teams the TSS will gain access to customer sites and work to find opportunities for Hitachi Transformer Service Group. The TSC must have an understanding of the technical competencies listed below. Field Service projects may include: repair, maintenance of electrical components/power transformers, and new installations. The TSC will help customers define work scopes, and work with tendering to produce a quote to solve the customers need. The TSC will follow-up with the customer and Hitachi Energy Sales Teams to close the order. The TSC must conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions in addition to all safety rules. The TSC will report into the Marketing & Sales Manager for Transformer Service.Your responsibilities
- Receive assignments and instructions from manager – both oral and written.
- Must have the ability to understand customers problem and work to develop a solution
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical complex issues.
- Knowledgeable on
- Power Transformers.
- Troubleshooting experience of electrical testing/theory.
- Troubleshooting experience of transformer controls.
- Troubleshooting experience of oil processing.
- Expert knowledge on Oil Testing Standards.
- Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
- Must be able to compose reports on customer visits, develop outline quotes to solve customer issues, field reports, daily activity reports and any other job site, customer specific reports to management/customer in a timely manner.
- Must be able to conduct pre-job/post-job walks.
- Must be able to assist Sales Teams, Tendering Specialists, Safety Managers, and Service Work Planner with following on-site project management:
- Scope of work
- The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. People performing this function will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent and a minimum of 10+ years’ of experience working in the field on Transformer Repair preferably field crew leader with minimum of 2+ years
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Must be mechanically inclined, have knowledge of hand tools, and understand operating heavy machinery/equipment.
- Must be customer focused with good interpersonal skills, self-directed, positive attitude, ability to manage/influence without authority, willingness to learn and ability to follow instructions/directions.
- Must have advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, ability to learn Salesforce.com, and excellent communication skills.
- Understand transformer/industry specifications to be able to troubleshoot/analyze data.
- Must have basic project management skills, able to plan/drive plan to execution, and understanding of financial concepts.
- Must be able to drive company vehicle/equipment.
- Available to travel 50-60% of time within USA.
- Ideal schedule is one week in office/one week on road
- Occasional weekend requirements