Vice President – Strategic Market and Business Development, North America – Remote based
About the job
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great InnovationHitachi Energy is seeking a Vice President – Strategic Market and Business Development, North America. This is a remote based opportunity. This position will be a key leader in the NAM market development and strategy and will work across business units and functions to bring-to-life the realization of our Hitachi Energy Midterm Management Plan Through effective networking across Hitachi Energy, as well as other applicable parts of Hitachi, the position will partner with the North America Region Manager and business unit leaders to develop the vision, commitment and execution of growth strategies. This role is responsible for developing and executing with the full NAM organization a profitable growth strategy (US, Canada and Mexico) to meet Hitachi Energy’s profitable growth objectives, and to drive the deployment of new business models. with the full NAM organization a profitable growth strategy (US, Canada and Mexico) to meet Hitachi Energy’s profitable growth objectives, and to drive the deployment of new business models.Your responsibilities
- Own overall NAM strategy and execution of the Midterm Management Plan, including increasing orders in Service, Grid Automation and overall digital solutions
- Develop NAM market dynamics understanding to feed into the company strategy
- Define growth strategy in focused markets
- Drive on-time execution together with the overall organization of agreed upon growth plans
- Lead Business Development to penetrate new accounts in high growth market such as EV charging, storage, renewable and position NAM for long-term success in these markets
- Develop new partnerships:
- Deploy new business models which will support the profitable growth in NAM
- Lead number of internal processes (MIMO, GTS, white space, etc.)
- Profitable Growth:
- Define strategies to grow profitably for all three NAM countries.
- Work with BU and Hitachi Energy US Sales front end to ensure the on-time execution of agreed upon strategy (resource allocation, solution development, etc.)
- Dedicate particular focus on doubling Service, Grid Automation and overall digital solutions orders
- Lead the execution of the synergies action plan with Hitachi
- Develop partnership to support the growth in NAM
- Market Knowledge:
- Ensure development of a very good market knowledge for NAM in coordination with BU and countries in order to provide inputs to strategic decisions.
- Lead internal processes such as MIMO, GTS, White Space, etc.
- Business Development:
- Lead business development to penetrate new accounts, not yet covered by FES, in high growth segments (EV, storage, etc.)
- New Business Models:
- Lead the identification of new business models required to adapt to market changes and to grow profitably.
- Lead in coordination with the M&A team the deployment of these new Business Models.
- Our successful candidate will drive through the challenges and organizational complexities as a change agent to:
- Define growth initiatives agreed upon by all stakeholders.
- Think outside the box to identify new growth opportunities driven changes in the markets (changes within existing customers, growth of new type of customers, etc.)
- Double Service and Digital Revenues in NAM.
- Ensure focus of BU and Functions to execute successfully growth plans in NAM
- Define and drive the adoption of new business models.
- Demonstrate to management the need for potential new investments in NAM to enable long-term profitable growth.
- Identify and develop new partnership to support the growth in NAM
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 year’s applicable experience including several years in a combination of strategy development, sales or business line leadership and new market development
- MBA a plus.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Proven ability to drive collaboration across business lines and to drive the motivation and commitment of teams with competing priorities
- Proven ability to develop Senior Management customer and partner relationship
More about usHitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans’ status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.