Windings and insulation system in the transformers – Orlando Giraldo in Introduction to transformers
The second lesson of the Master’s level of this course deals with the following aspects:
• Basic concepts about insulations
• Solid, liquid, and gaseous insulations for transformers
• Transformer bushings
• Thermal classification of transformer insulations
• Winding construction and machinery
• Winding types
• Geometrical calculation of a winding. Losses and weight calculations.
• Winding tests: applied voltages, induced tension, impulse tests
The session will be held live in week 43 (24 – 30 October).
Express your interest in the TA lesson(s)!