JAN PRINS Chief Executive Officer of Ganz Transformers and Electric Rotating Machines Ltd.
Ganz Transformers and Electric Rotating machines Ltd. was built on the foundations that the three renowned inventors, Miksa Déri, Ottó Bláthy and Károly Zipernowsky laid over 140 years ago: the plant carries on the legacy of the group of companies founded by Ábrahám Ganz in 1844, which would later become known as Ganz Villamossági Művek.
Our head office is located in Budapest, Hungary. The factory is located in Tápiószele, 80 kilometres from the capital city of Budapest.
In 2000, the successor to Ganz Villamos Művek was acquired by Transelektro Group and for 6 years operated under the name Ganz-Transelektro. In 2006, the company was acquired by the India-based Crompton Greaves Group. Between 2006 and 2020, the company operated under the name of CG Electric Systems Hungary Ltd. The plant in Tápiószele was also modernized during this period.
Problems came with the economic effects of the coronavirus epidemic, and a fraud case also came to light at the former Indian parent company, thus production had to be halted. After a temporary shutdown for several months, and with the appearance of a new investor, operation resumed in early September 2020, and workers returned to the Ganz plant in Tápiószele. After many years, the first transformers with the Ganz brand rolled out of the production line of the industrial transformers, high-performance motors and generators plant in December.
Ganz is one of the greatest names in the transformer manufacturing industry worldwide. The history of the power transformer factory dates 130 years back, more precisely to 1885, when the first transformer in the world was built by Ganz. It all began with the invention of a single-phase transformer by famous Hungarian electrical engineers Miksa Déry, Ottó Bláthy and Károly Zipernowsky.