Les Misérables audience evacuated due to overheated transformer

UK, London: About 1,200 people had to evacuate one of London’s most popular West End musicals after a small fire broke out in the boiler room of the Queen’s Theatre in the West End.

The fire was caused by a failing high voltage joint and overheating of a cable supplied by UK Power Network to a transformer located under the theatre, which caused a blackout on stage, reports The Guardian.

The problem was fixed after the intervention of two fire crews and the situation declared safe by the UK Power Network.

Source: The Guardian