2 injured in transformer explosion receive 40% burns

India, Uttar Pradesh: Two power department employees were seriously injured when a transformer exploded due to overloading near a housing society in Indirapuram, in Ghaziabad.

According to power department officials, five electricians were repairing the wiring of a transformer. The two injured electricians were refitting the electricity meter box inside the transformer when it exploded, reports The Times of India.

Officials said the current transformer/potential transformer (CT/PT) unit of the transformer exploded due to overloading.

The unit contained oil which splashed on the two electricians giving them 40% burns.

The injured electricians were rushed to Shanti Gopal Hospital, which referred them to Fortis Hospital for treatment.

Source: The Times of India