d48ed900e79fa9547169c26138b4cd8d

Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School evacuated after transformer catches on fire

Students at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School in Union County, New Jersey were evacuated  because a transformer caught on fire shortly before 7 a.m. this morning, police said.

SCOTCH PLAINSThe transformer fire on Westfield Road  cut power supply to the area and was possibly caused by high winds according to Capt. Brian Donnell.

Smoke was being sent through part of the school due to emergency generator kick-in, said Donnell. Students were evacuated to the nearby Evergreen Elementary School, and the district quickly ordered a delayed openings at the neighbouring elementary schools, Donnelly added.

All schools were open by 10:30 a.m. and no one was injured.

Source: www.nj.com